Statement of Faith
The phraseology employed in this statement is not inspired or contended for, but the truth set forth is held to be essential to true gospel ministry. No claim is made that it contains all biblical truth, only that it covers our need as to these foundational doctrines. We Believe in, Hold to, and Proclaim: C-H-R-I-S-T.
1. "C" - Jesus Christ: The deity of Jesus Christ (including His virgin birth), and without ceasing to be God, He became man in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
2. "H" - Hope: The vicarious, substitutionary atonement of Christ's death on the cross is the only hope of redemption for all mankind: that we are saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.
3. "R" - Resurrection: The literal, bodily (in the identical, though glorified, physical body in which He was crucified) resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
4. "I" - Inerrancy: The divine inspiration, inerrancy (in the original autographs), and infallibility of Scripture.
5. "S" - Second Coming: The literal (bodily & personal) future return of Christ in the Second Advent.
6. "T" - Trinity: The Christian doctrine of the Trinity of the Godhead--God is one and yet exists eternally in three persons having the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and equal in power and glory.
We Also Believe in . . .
A Necessary Confession of Faith: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" (Romans 10:9-10).
The Fall of Man: That man was created good and upright, however, by voluntary transgression, Adam fell from this perfect state and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from Godand by reason of the solidarity of humankind, Adam passed on this separation from God to all of his progeny, Romans 5:15-18.
The resurrection of both the saved and the lost: That there will be a future resurrection of both the saved and the lost: That the salvation and blessedness of the saved and the retribution of the lost are conscious and everlasting, 1 Thessalonians 4:17, Revelation 14:11.
A Conservative View of Social Issues
A school with so many people (faculty and students) from various denominational backgrounds cannot make precise statements about all social issues that will satisfy all persons at every turn; thus we think it's best to simply link to other organizations with which CES is in general agreement . . .
Concerning the issue of abortion, we direct seekers to Care Net. Care Net is a Christian ministry assisting and promoting the evangelistic, pro-life work of pregnancy centers in North America.
Concerning the issue of homosexuality, we direct seekers to Exodus Global Alliance. Exodus Global Alliance is a world-wide Christian organization helping people affected by homosexuality and promoting the message that "Change from homosexuality is possible through the power of Jesus Christ."
This statement of faith and the way it is laid out, i.e., C-H-R-I-S-T, is taken from an unpublished book (and copyrighted) by Rick Walston and is used here by permission. All rights reserved. This statement of faith cannot be copied or used without the express written permission of the copyright owner.
To top of page